Coming on the heels of its long-awaited changes to cleaning fees and price transparency, Airbnb’s Winter Release features several new updates, many of them built with both new and current hosts in mind.
Lookin’ out for hosts
Airbnb Setup will make it easier for new hosts to start renting their home. They’ll get 1-on-1 guidance from an Airbnb Superhost, who will be available to provide information and answer any questions new users might have via audio, video, or messaging.
AirCover for hosts now includes guest identification verification, reservation screening, and $3M damage protection, including coverage for cars, boats, and valuables.
Hosts can choose to rent only to experienced guests (one who has stayed at least three times with a good reputation) for their first booking.
Mini golf and mountain tops: Airbnb’s 6 new home categories
Guests who prefer to search by category instead of location will have six new accommodation types to choose from:
- New: Homes added to Airbnb within the past 10 weeks.
- Top of the world: Homes around 10,000 feet above sea level, often with stunning views.
- Trending: Highly-rated homes that received more listing views compared to the previous week.
- Adapted: Homes adapted for wheelchair access, with verified step-free paths into the home, bedroom and bathroom.
- Play: Homes with basketball courts, game rooms, miniature golf, water slides and more.
- Hanoks: Traditional Korean homes constructed of natural materials.
Airbnb Setup, AirCover upgrades for Hosts, and new Airbnb Categories are rolling out globally this week.