If you’ve never been to Joshua Tree, you’ve been missing out on the magical desert escape. If you have visited, you know it’s dotted with the almost cartoon-like tree in its namesake and paved by vast granite monoliths for miles on end. Its unique landscape has been a beacon for creative and spiritual hearts, a rugged adventure land for curious explorers, and a relaxing getaway for those seeking out a desert oasis.
No matter what kind of trip you have in mind, AutoCamp can help you plan the perfect Joshua Tree experience.
Autocamp’s Joshua Tree location is a camping experience like you’ve never seen before. Think of it as an outdoor boutique hotel experience that puts you right in the heart of America’s greatest landscapes. You can unwind and relax in comfort while still connecting to the natural beauty surrounding you.
At the Joshua Tree AutoCamp location, you can explore the high desert year-round. You can choose from three types of fully outfitted accommodations including modern Airstream Suites, Premium Cabins, and Accessible Cabins.
The Classic Airstream Suites are compact but spacious and come with every possible creature comfort you may need. And, you even get your own private patio with a grill, fire pit, and dining area.
The Premium Airstream Suites are the perfect choice for a romantic getaway or an extra-spacious solo stay. The Premium Suites include all the luxury amenities that the Classic Suites have but are also in a prime location.
If you really want to go all out, you should spring for the Vista Airstream Suite + Outdoor Shower. You’ll still have a shower inside the Airstream, but now you’ll also have an outdoor one to rinse yourself of the day’s desert adventures.
Who are the Airstreams best for?
The Airstream is an excellent choice for a romantic weekend with your partner, a solo trip, or a short family getaway. All of the Airstream options sleep up to three adults or two adults and two children.
We already hinted at a few of the outstanding Airstream amenities, but here’s the full list of what you’ll get when you stay with AutoCamp:
- Private patio with grill, firepit, and dining area
- Heating and air conditioning for those hot days and cold desert nights
- Flat-screen television, plus built-in audio system with Bluetooth
- Kitchen area with mini refrigerator, microwave, dishware, and glassware
- Luxe bath amenities by Ursa Major
- Luxury linens and bath towels
- Modern spa-inspired bathroom with walk-in shower and vanity sink
- High-thread-count bed linens
- The Vista suite option also includes an outdoor shower.
Who are the Cabins best for?
The Cabins are best suited for families or group trips or those of you who want a prime location. They also provide a bit of extra space so no one is getting in anyone else’s way. The Cabins are also great for people who need accessibility accommodations as they have custom-designed accessible suites with spa-inspired bathrooms.
The Cabins feature extensive amenities and spacious floor plans. They come with:
- Private outdoor dining area and fire pit with grill
- Accessible kitchenette with induction stovetop and mini-refrigerator for meal prep
- Flat-screen, smart-enabled television, plus built-in audio system with Bluetooth
- Heaters and air conditioning
- Accessible modern spa-like bathroom
- Luxe bath amenities by Ursa Major
- Luxe towels provided
- Sleeps one to three adults, or two adults and two children
- Premium cabins are in a prime location nestled in nature and include custom interiors, fixtures, and furnishings. They also have a studio-style floor plan with a trellised deck and ADA-accessible ramp
What else makes AutoCamp special?
AutoCamp is much more than a way to avoid sleeping in a tent. It’s an experience. AutoCamp makes your stay truly unforgettable by offering exclusive amenities, events, and experiences that you can enjoy with friends, family, or even fellow guests. Here are just a few of the unique offerings they include with the accommodations.
- Desert Daze is AutoCamp’s monthly summer series with poolside music, arts, and more.
- Sit back and enjoy live music and happy hour at the clubhouse.
- Get in touch with yourself and let certified guides help you connect with the elements on a Desert Nature Walk, Soundbath, Meditation, and Cacao Ceremony.
- Complimentary mountain bikes
- Hybrid spa and plunge pool
- Community fire pits and lounge areas
- Access to the mid-century modern Quonset Hut-inspired clubhouse with dining and bar
- Happy hours and live music at the Clubhouse on weekend evenings
- Private meeting and event spaces are available
- 24/7 Concierge
- Complimentary WiFi, coffee, and tea
- Locally-crafted dining options, including BBQ kits
- Curated food and beverage offering – plus AutoCamp General Store
- Breakfast with gluten-free options
Special offers & packages
AutoCamp already has such a long list of amenities, but they also like to sweeten the pot with special offers and packages including:
- Don’t stress about having to pack a ton of groceries on your trip. When you opt for the Daily Food Credit, you get access to a variety of prepared meal options, easy-to-heat Grill Kits, snacks, and more.
- If you’re visiting Joshua Tree, chances are you’re hitting up one of the many trails early in the morning. With the Breakfast On The Go Package, you can fuel up and hit the road with homemade breakfasts prepared for you.
- Perhaps you still want to experience cooking out while camping but don’t want to carry all the supplies with you. The Fireside Dinner Package comes with a grill kit, your choice of protein, and yummy sides so you can cook out under the stars.
- Get a discount if you’re an AAA/AARP member. They also offer Military and First Responders a discount.
See all the offers and packages available here.
The best time of year to visit?
Generally, the best time of year to visit Joshua Tree is between March and May or between October and November as the temperatures are a bit milder. However, the AutoCamp suites are open year-round and come with A/C and heating so you don’t have to worry about overheating during the day or being chilly during those cool desert nights.
Distance to nearby attractions
One of the best things about the AutoCamp Joshua Tree location is its sheer proximity to the National Park as well as other nearby attractions. Here are just a few other things you can see while you stay in their prime location:
- Joshua Tree National Park (10 minutes away)
- Antique & Vintage shopping (2 minutes away)
- Local restaurants (2 minutes away)
- Pioneertown (19 minutes away)
More AutoCamp Locations
And, if you aren’t making your way to Joshua Tree anytime soon, don’t worry, you can still have the AutoCamp experience at their other locations across the nation:
And, keep an eye out for their new locations coming in 2024:
- Asheville where you can take in the breathtaking Blue Mountain Range.
- Hill Country is nestled away in Texas and near some of the region’s finest swimming holes and wineries.
- Sequoia, where you can experience the grand wonder of both Sequoia National Park and Kings Canyon National Park in California.